Our Support Workers effectively “replace” the carer in their home so they may obtain a short break. In this time they can pursue a hobby, go shopping, meet with friends or just get some well-deserved sleep.
Our goal is to meet the needs of the person you care for. In discussion with you we will produce a personal care plan which may include any or all of the following:
* Bathing, dressing and undressing
* Meal preparation and assistance with feeding
* Assistance with moving
* Managing continence
* Assistance with medication
* Light domestic duties including laundry if required, during the Carer’s absence
* Support for activities outside the home – socialising / pursuing hobbies
* Support for attending appointments – hospital/dental/hairdressing
* Overnight care
Our Support Workers will, within the boundaries of Health and Safety, undertake the role carried out by the carer. Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North recognises the diversity and levels of complexity with all types of disability. We also help carers by signposting to other agencies and providing emotional support by telephone and in person.
For more information call us now on (01462) 455578 or click to Contact Us.
Back to Our Services