Compliments and Complaints


Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North aims to provide a high-quality, responsive, user-led service. In order to do this, we need to take account of the views and wishes of those we are here to help. We welcome every opportunity to monitor and improve our service and having a “compliments and complaints” procedure for resolving complaints is a way of helping us to do so.

Contact us at:

If you wish to comment about our service, whether positively or negatively, we will be pleased to hear from you. Don’t be afraid that you may lose your service or that you will be thought of as a nuisance by complaining. Of course we are always pleased to get compliments!

Who can compliment OR complain?

This procedure is for anyone who comes into contact with trustees, staff or volunteers from Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North. This includes service users – carers and people with care needs – their families and friends, other voluntary groups, statutory agencies and any other member of the public

What you can do

You can make a comment or complaint either in person, by telephone, or in writing. A friend or relative can help you to do this if you wish, or you may prefer that a member of staff writes your views down for you.

We hope that the majority of concerns or complaints can be sorted out straight away with your Carer Support Worker, Care Co-ordinator or Care Manager, who will listen carefully to what you have to say. Our Care Manager will seek to either address your complaint, for example by changing the service provided, or explain to you why this cannot be done.

If your complaint is about another person connected to Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North (for example a trustee) then the Chief Executivewill advise you about what further action you need to take.

Your complaint will normally be:

  • acknowledged within three working days
  • responded to within 20 working days
  • treated sympathetically.

All complaints will be recorded so that we can monitor the quality and effectiveness of our service and our response to any problems that have arisen.


Your complaint will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. However, if your complaint concerns a member of staff, the person concerned will normally be informed unless you specifically request otherwise, although this may limit the extent of further investigation.

We hope that you will always be satisfied with our service and look forward to receiving your comments. We would like to know what you think; regarding both the things we have got right as well as those we have got wrong.


Contact details for Care Quality Commission (CQC)

Eastern Region
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Telephone: 03000 61616

Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North

Suite 5, Intech House
Wilbury Way
Tel: 01462 455578
Fax: 01462 452714


Contact details for Hertfordshire County Council

Health & Community Services

CHO118, Room 164,
County Hall, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Herts, SG13 8DF
Tel: 01992 556685

The Local Government Ombudsman can be contacted at:
Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH.

Telephone advice line: 0300 0610614. Email: