Care Co-ordinator – £18,000 – £21,000 per annum
The role will be part of a busy, friendly team, acting as the front line telephone contact for Crossroads Care to co-ordinate the provision of services, dealing with staff and clients; often vulnerable people.
- Act as the primary telephone liaison for staff and clients once they have started using our community services.
- Process and prioritise requests for services, managing staff rotas ensuring turnaround and response times are met.
- Support with allocating clients to support workers, ensuring balanced workload across team and effective use of resources.
- Using our care management system to prepare rotas – covering sickness, training and annual leave.
- Keep contact logs up to date.
- Resolve day to day issues and report to Manager.
- Liaise with professionals, providers, partners, stakeholders, making referrals and signpost to other agencies as appropriate.
- Respond appropriately to complaints, concerns and incidents.
- Approve Support Worker holiday requests.
- Cover the out of hours phone as part of a rota.
- Act as local Carer and Cared For services expert, ensuring they are informed and enabled to access local services in line with need and making direct referrals to those agencies and Herts Help as required. This may involve advocating for Carers and those they care for to Local Authority and others.
You are likely to have experience in the Health and Social Care Sector, with excellent IT skills. You will enjoy working in a busy, friendly team and have a high level of emotional intelligence. Empathy and compassion for the needs of our clients and the desire to deliver excellent customer service will be the key to your success.
The role is working with vulnerable clients and therefore subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
If you are interested please call Lauren on 01462 427019.
Recruitment and HR Co-ordinator – £18,000 – £21,000 per annum
You’ll enjoy engaging and building relationships with candidates, promoting the Charity as a great place to work and ensuring all candidates have a positive experience.
- Co-ordination of recruitment activities to include; sourcing candidates through various recruitment channels; actively promoting and building the Employer Brand; engaging and building relationships with candidates; and conducting interviews.
- Co-ordination of the on-boarding process, ensuring all new recruits are warmly welcomed.
- Administering HR processes that cover all people services.
You’ll be warm and personable with a positive attitude, able to work well in an office team environment. You’ll enjoy delivering excellent customer service with a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile in achieving your objectives. You’ll have excellent IT and organisation skills and enjoy having the scope to use your own initiative and share your ideas.
Homecare Support Worker – £18,000 – £21,000 per annum
Working hours within the availability of 7am – 10pm, alternate weekends with a regular day off in the week.
For over 30 years Crossroads Care have cared for people, not profit. As a charity, part of our ongoing mission is to help carers and the loved ones they support.
To allow us to deliver our mission, we are looking for passionate Support Workers to become part of the dedicated team that provides Homecare support and Carers Respite Breaks to a variety of clients through compassionate, person-centred care.
We have a variety of different contracts that allow you to have flexibility, full or part-time work, and options for guaranteed hours contracts.
Experience providing professional care is not essential as thorough training will be given. We are looking for people who are compassionate and good communicators with the same Values as Crossroads Care. As this work is delivered in people’s homes you will need to have a full driving licence and the use of a car.
Opportunities available in Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth and surrounding areas.
The Benefits of Working with Crossroads Care
We believe that the best way to care for our clients is to provide the best possible work environment for our Support Workers.
We are a charity, so as part of our benefits we also provide:
- 2% Bonus applied on all hours if you work more than 21 hours per week
- Travel time between clients paid at £8.21 per hour (or part of)
- Mileage paid at 40p per mile
- Increase in pay rates after 1 year’s service
- Bank Holidays paid at £15 per hour for Homecare Services
- Paid induction
- 28 days annual leave (FTE), increasing after 2 years’ service
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks paid for by Crossroads Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Outstanding training
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Mentor scheme
- Personal Development and career progression
- Manageable rotas, in your local area
- Homecare visits a minimum of 30 minutes
- Respite visits typically 3 hours
- Overnight visits available
- Referral bonus if you refer family or friends to work with us
- You will provide person centred support to clients to help them maintain their independence and to remain in their own home.
- Social and emotional support
- Trips to activities, shopping and light housekeeping
- Personal care and medication
If you have a passion for caring and want to help families look after their loved ones as part of a supportive team – we would love to hear from you. Please contact Lauren on 01462 427019.