Homecare Support Worker
£18,000 – £21,000 per annum
Working hours within the availability of 7am – 10pm, alternate weekends with a regular day off in the week.
For over 30 years Crossroads Care have cared for people, not profit. As a charity, part of our ongoing mission is to help carers and the loved ones they support.
To allow us to deliver our mission, we are looking for passionate Support Workers to become part of the dedicated team that provides Homecare support and Carers Respite Breaks to a variety of clients through compassionate, person-centred care.
We have a variety of different contracts that allow you to have flexibility, full or part-time work, and options for guaranteed hours contracts.
Experience providing professional care is not essential as thorough training will be given. We are looking for people who are compassionate and good communicators with the same Values as Crossroads Care. As this work is delivered in people’s homes you will need to have a full driving licence and the use of a car.
Opportunities available in Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth, Royston, Broxbourne, Cheshunt and surrounding areas.
The Benefits of Working with Crossroads Care
We believe that the best way to care for our clients is to provide the best possible work environment for our Support Workers and we have recently been accredited with Best Companies as one of the UK’s best places to work.
We are a charity, so as part of our benefits we also provide:
- 2% Bonus applied on all hours if you work more than 21 hours per week
- Travel time between clients paid at £8.21 per hour (or part of)
- Mileage paid at 40p per mile
- Increase in pay rates after 1 year’s service
- Bank Holidays paid at £15 per hour for Homecare Services
- Paid induction
- 28 days annual leave (FTE), increasing after 2 years’ service
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks paid for by Crossroads Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Outstanding training
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Mentor scheme
- Personal Development and career progression
- Manageable rotas, in your local area
- Homecare visits a minimum of 30 minutes
- Respite visits typically 3 hours
- Overnight visits available
- Referral bonus if you refer family or friends to work with us
- You will provide person centred support to clients to help them maintain their independence and to remain in their own home.
- Social and emotional support
- Trips to activities, shopping and light housekeeping
- Personal care and medication
If you have a passion for caring and want to help families look after their loved ones as part of a supportive team – we would love to hear from you. Please contact Becca on 01462 427019.